Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Ode to My Best Friend(s)!

Well yes I know that I am a "hair blogger," but I am reallying getting into whole blogging thing and though it might be a great way to let out some of my feelings. So please just bare with me and I promise the next blog will be about hair. (actually I still have some waiting to be posted!)


A few weeks ago my little princess came to me and told me that I was her best friend. Of course this made me smile from ear to ear with pride. At that point a couple thoughts came to my mind; I must be doing something right by her, and how rich I was with all of my great friends. I soon came to realize that I could no longer say I have just one best friend. So this is just a run down and a ode to all of the great people in my life.


The long time best friend- Oh my Whittle, the longest best friend ever! Even though we do not see or even talk to each other enough she is the one person who I can just pick up a conversation with like we just saw each other yesterday. No matter how my day is going when I talk to her she always makes me laugh. I love that she does not hold it against me that I get to busy to call or stop by, but that she just cherishes the time that we have together.


The crimson best friend- For some reason my parents thought it would be a great idea to have me and my sister eight years apart. With that big of difference for years we did not see eye to eye and we were on complete different spectrum's of the universe. When I wanted to play with barbie dolls she wanted to play with boys. When I wanted to play with boys she wanted to have babies. But as we both grew so did our relationship. She is the one who is always there making me do my best and always being a cheer leader in my corner. She believes that I can achieve anything and I love her for that very reason. We still don't always see eye to eye, but we are always there to see the other one trough what ever life brings our way.


My puzzle piece best friend- I truly believe that your spouse should be your best friend and well mine is! He was one of my best friends even before we started dating. He probable knows me better that I know myself even. I can never hide my emotions from him, he knows me like a book. Some times that is not so good, but those times that I just need a shoulder to cry on it is great. I know that some times I go CRAZY on him but isn't that what wives are for! (hee hee) I think a great marriage has its ups and downs. I appreciate him holding in there with me through the rough times. He really is my puzzle piece, the one I fit perfectly with. He is my peas and carrots!

My air vent best friend- She is the one that I can tell anything to, good bad or indifferent. She listens to everything that I have to say and never tells me what she "thinks" I should do or holds anything I say against the person that I am venting about.  She told me something just the other day that has stuck with me. I was not in the best of moods to say the least and instead of just giving me her advice of what she would do or tell me how jerky the person I was venting about was she just said, "Lianne, I will support you in what every you decide to do." Now I think everyone should have that kind of person in their corner, because that was simply the best thing anyone could say to me at that moment. She was gone out of my life for a little while and now I am so glade she is back!!

My crazy story best friend- She is the one that I love to run to and tell all of my crazy stories to. She is the one that listens to the whole story and laughs the whole way through! (For those of you that know me you know that listening to one of my stories all the way through is an accomplishment.) I love that she accepts me totally for who I am. Even if I tell crazy stories and am afraid of wasps! I love that I can act crazy with her and that neither one of us cares who is looking. We are just who we are and we both are very secure with that.

My role model best friend- Of all the people in the world there is only one I really look up to. My mother gives her heart and sole to everything she does. She is the best mother, wife, and grandmother anyone could ask for. I wish that one day I could only be half the women that she is. There is not much more to say about her other than she is AMAZING!!!

My newest best friend- After Madison's told me the other day that I was her best friend I did some thinking, I think she is right. She is my best friend too. She is the one I spend all of my free time with. She is the one that if I am way from I can't wait to get back to. She is my everything! :)

I hope that everyone could have best friends like this! When was the last time you though about who your best friend(s) is/are. Who loves you for who you are? Who Listens to you? Who can read you like a book? Who gets you through what ever life brings your way? Who has your back? Who can you be crazy with?
Lianne

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Lianne! I hope you will write more like this! Your blog doesn't always have to be about hair! :)

    My best friend are: Merry, whom I've been BFF's since we were 6 years old, my sister, Randi, and my husband of course! If I had to pick a new BFF, I would say Erica. She and I have grown really close over the last year!

    ReplyDelete