Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter and Chutes and Ladders!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter, I know we did! My little monkey did lots of egg hunting and ate even more candy!! :) We attempted to make it to church with my side of the family, but that was a bust! Sorry it has been awhile since I posted but it was a crazy weekend! Thanks to Ashley D. at themommyhoodadventure.blogspot.com/ I will be able to post more often (she clued me into scheduling my post). If you have not gotten a chance to check out her post go over and do it! She is a great writer and is very open about her experiences in motherhood. And as we all know motherhood is an experience EVERY day!
All ready for Church! (At least we tried!)

The hunt is on! It was big business for her!

Now on to the hair do! We found this one on another site and just fell in love with it. I think we have done it two or three times since. My little girl is still trying to grow out her bangs so we like any do that pulls them back (usually a MUST in our do's)! First start by parting off the top section of hair.


Then box off that top section. This will be the section of hair you will be working with( I put the sections I was not using in bands to keep it out of my way).


Then, take the front fifth of the section and band off to one side.(A chute)
Then continue on the the next fifth (A ladder) start by banding off one section and use that pony to the next section and so on till you are at the end of the ladder. Then band it to the section above (Oh that might not make sense). The best I can say on this one is look at the picture above it really does say a thousand words!! :) Just keep going with alternating chutes and ladders till you make it to the end of your section of parted hair (as shown in picture above).


Next we decided to part down the middle and make pig tales!


You can do lots of different things with the back of the hair; leave down, pigtails messy buns, or even just a pony tail. This one held up so well that the next day I just put it up the back in a high pony tail and we walked out the door. It is great when you can do a hair do for two days!


Always,
Lianne

2 comments:

  1. CUTE! I'm sorry you guys didn't make it too church! :( I love her hair do though! And thanks for the plug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE BLOG! Popping over to say hi from The Mommyhood Adventure. My little girl is only 8 weeks old so we're not quite to the fun stages with hair yet but she already has a ton and we're looking forward to fun hairdo's later on. Definitely following your blog for future references :)

    ReplyDelete