Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Knot Piggies!

I am doing a happy dance! As of the time I am writing this post I have 6 (yes count them 6) Followers!! :) That is a long way from the 2 of yesterday. 

This is an attempt for a Easter hair do. Once I was done I did not think it was fancy enough for Easter, but I did think it was super cute and very easy!
I wanted to have her hair in some sort of one side like the other since I got some really cute clips to match her Easter outfit. So to me that pulled out pig tails of some sort. I started by dividing her hair in four sections. The middle part from side to side was from the front side of the ears and the one from her front to back of her head was a side ways part. I found it easier at this point to strap her hair down as to not get in my way. (Clips can go a long way) I put the back sections of her hair into the pig tails and the front section that I was not using clipped down to her head. Some times I am a little over whelmed wit all of that hair!


Next we started working with one section. I divided this section into two smaller sections and made a knot in the top section with putting the top strain pulled back to the pig tail and the other one down to the lower section of hair. If you need help with making the Knot check of my first blog post on it!

Then, I moved on to the lower section. I made a knot in this section with using the lower section of hair for the knot above. Both strains were then pulled back to the pig tail and secured.


I moved on to the next front section and did the same thing, but since this side was bigger (due to the way I parted her hair) it did three knots on this side. I just kept chaining them along till I reached the last section of hair and then put both strains back to the pony tail and secured them.


This is what the finished pig tail looks like (this is just my picture order being messed up!) Look at those cute clips from Jstyles, I just LOVE them!!!

Back onto the hair do! I divided the pig tails into two sections.

Then of course we made another Knot! (See the trend) I had the little monkey hold one side so it stayed tight.

Last I took the one of the ends and wrapped it around the other to hide all of the bands I used. I secured the end with a bobby pin hidden under the pony tail.

Here is the final product, I love it! It was so easy and held up well after a long day of playing!

2 comments:

  1. HI THERE! I told Ashley D today that you may have quite possibly saved my little girls life with your blog! (Or at least her social life) I will be linking your blog to her grandparents for the days she has over night visits! I a soooo stoaked!
    Do you make your hairbows too?
    Chels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww..... Thanks! That just made my night! No I make very few of her hair bows (none of which I think are even on here). In this post there is a link to the lady I get the bows from. I went to school with her and she sells them CHEAP! I think they range form $1 to $5. If you live around Ashley and I you should hit her up on facebook or some of us get together with her some Fridays in c town. Good luck with the grandparents I know how that goes! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete